This week, Apache Knox community announced the release of the Apache Knox Gateway (Incubator) 0.3.0.
The Apache Knox Gateway is a REST API Gateway for Hadoop with a focus on enterprise security integration. It provides a simple and extensible model for securing access to Hadoop core and ecosystem REST APIs.
Apache Knox provides pluggable authentication to LDAP and trusted identity providers as well as service level authorization and more. The attached diagram below shows how Apache Knox fits in a Hadoop cluster deployment.
Highlight of the recent release:
- LDAP zfor REST calls to Hadoop
- Secure Hadoop cluster (i.e. Kerberos) integration
- HBase integration integration (non-Kerberos)
- Simple ACL based Service(non-Kerberos)
- Hive JDBC Level Authorization